|Red Cross and the Town of Hempstead working together to distribute masks to at-risk populations.
(Photo: Lori-Ann Pizzarelli)
Last Week in Review
- This Memorial Day weekend, Red Crossers throughout the region honored service members who made the ultimate sacrifice.
- We were thrilled last week to release this video highlighting all the incredible work of our staff and volunteers to support communities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- There was a sighting of our brand new next-generation ERV (Emergency Response Vehicle) last week! Expect to see more of it out in the field soon.
- Last week, our friends at NYC Emergency Management released a podcast episode about emotional health and physical wellness during COVID-19.
- Earlier in the week, we put a spotlight via our blog on one of our most dedicated and active youth clubs: the Hunter College Red Cross Club.
- We also took a moment to celebrate Red Cross Founder’s Day.
- Officials from the Town of Hempstead joined representatives from the American Red Cross to accept the donation of 7,000 masks (photos taken by Lori-Ann Pizzarelli) to be distributed to the town’s at-risk populations, including senior center residents, veteran groups and special-needs residents.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Blood Donor Screener, Disaster Spiritual Care Team Member, Community Relations Ambassador. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- To find a blood drive near you click here.
- May 27: The goal of the Pillowcase Project Virtual Sessions is to help create a generation of children empowered to take action preparing for emergencies. Register for an online session here.
- May 26, 28: In partnership with New York State, the Red Cross is providing free online training on how to prepare for natural and man-made disasters. Register for an online session here.
- May 28: Attend the Virtual Westchester and Rockland County Volunteer Orientation to learn more the history of the Red Cross, our mission and, most importantly, discuss the many volunteer opportunities and how you can get involved.