Red Cross Volunteer Vanessa Diez features on the newest episode of our podcast.Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 178 adults and 82 children following 71 local disasters. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- On Sunday, Red Cross teams helped approximately two dozen families displaced by a fire in the Bronx.
- Thank you to Nassau County Executive Laura Curran for celebrating the Red Cross and recognizing our volunteers and heroes this past Sunday.
- On Saturday, our volunteers helped a family of three children and three adults after a house fire in Rockland County.
- On Thursday, we shared a new podcast episode featuring Vanessa Diez, who joined us during the pandemic. She talks about her passion for helping others and her work with the Red Cross supporting residents after local disasters.
- For Women’s History Month, we celebrated our woman leaders with a fun Q and A with Metro NY North Chapter CEO Stephanie Dunn Ashley.
- Last Monday, we organized a presentation on how to prepare, respond and recover from local emergencies and large-scale disasters in your community, co-hosted by Senator Brad Hoylman.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Youth Preparedness Volunteer, Blood Donor Ambassador. Apply today at redcross.org/volunteertoday! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mar 24: Sign up for our Virtual Hands-Only CPR Emergency Preparedness event, this training will enable you to provide life-saving care in a range of emergencies.
- Apr 19: Register for our Heroes Run for Humanity Virtual 5k Run/Walk! We welcome you to gather your friends, family co-workers, etc. to walk or run this virtual event for a great cause.
- Apr 22: Join us for The American Red Cross Heroes for Humanity event to recognize civic leaders and heroic individuals who embody our humanitarian mission.