Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 101 adults and 42 children following 54 local disasters. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- All throughout last week, our volunteers continued to support COVID-19 vaccine sites like the ones at West Point and Suffolk County Community College.
- On Saturday, our volunteers helped 9 adults and 3 children from 3 families displaced by a two-alarm fire in Crown Heights.
- Last week, we posted "Three Questions” with Red Crosser Shonda N. Scott. Read our short interview to get to know the people carrying out our humanitarian mission.
- Thank you Rockland County Exec Ed Day and Town of Greenwich First Selectmen, Fred Camillo for celebrating the Red Cross and declaring March as Red Cross Month.
- After an apartment fire in Yonkers, Edward McCoy turned to our volunteers for help. Read about how the Red Cross helped him and his neighbors.
- Last Wednesday, our volunteers assisted 5 adults and 5 children from 3 families following a fire in Queens.
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Youth Preparedness Volunteer, Blood Donor Ambassador and Disaster Mental Health Volunteer. Apply today at redcross.org/volunteertoday! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Apr 22: Join us for The American Red Cross Heroes for Humanity event to recognize civic leaders and heroic individuals who embody our humanitarian mission.