|Long Island Disaster Action Team members responding to a Multi-family fire in Hampton Bays|
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross has provided emergency assistance to 155 adults and 39 children following 46 local disaster responses. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- Thank you to our Long Island Disaster Action Team members who responded to a fire that displaced 14 families in Hampton Bays (Suffolk County) on Saturday. These responders provided emergency support to the families, including financial assistance, blankets, and comfort kits.
- Last Thursday, our Metro NY North team provided assistance following a 5-alarm commercial fire in New Rochelle. Volunteers provided canteen services to numerous fire departments who responded to the blaze.
- Last Tuesday, our Home Fire Safety team visited 37 homes where they installed 136 smoke alarms.
- Also on Tuesday, the Veronica Beard store in Greenwich organized a special shopping opportunity, where 10% of sales proceeds were donated to the Red Cross.
- The Red Cross and Borough Park JCC partnered to install free smoke alarms in Boro Park homes.
- Late last week, Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone and the Fire Rescue and Emergency Services, raised the Red Cross Flag in recognition of Red Cross month.
- Apr 23: Join the Red Cross at the Red & White Ball, A Salute to Service and Valor. We are honoring humanitarians Colleen and Philip Hempleman and corporate leaders Carlson & Carlson.
- Learn how you can become a volunteer home fire campaign team member. These individuals install smoke alarms and educate residents about fire safety.
- To find a blood drive near you click here.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.