|LI Red Cross volunteers supporting My Brother’s Keeper's Spring Celebration.|
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross has provided emergency assistance to 92 adults and 18 children following 30 local disaster responses. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- Yesterday in Brentwood, NY, LI Red Cross disaster volunteers supported the Spring Celebration of our local partner My Brother’s Keeper.
- LI Red Cross volunteers installed free smoke alarms to residents over the weekend. Make your appointment by calling (516) 229-1086 or by visiting redcross.org.
- On Saturday, for National Minority Health Month, our biomed team raised awareness and shared important information about health disparities at the Galeria Mall in White Plains.
- Last week, we shared the story of Steven Garmon, a recent blood donor, who explained why he believes people should consider donating.
- In our latest #MyRedCrossLife post, volunteer Lindsey Dore discussed her passion for volunteering and how it impacted her decision to join the Red Cross.
- Apr 19: Join us for a Volunteer Info Session to learn about our many volunteer opportunities and how you can apply.
- Apr 23: Join the Red Cross at the Red & White Ball, A Salute to Service and Valor. We are honoring General Mark A. Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Mrs. Hollyanne Milley for their lifetime of service, humanitarians Colleen and Philip Hempleman and corporate leaders Carlson & Carlson.
- Learn how you can become a volunteer home fire campaign team member. These individuals install smoke alarms and educate residents about fire safety.
- To find a blood drive near you click here.