|All of our honorees at the Red & White Ball: A Salute to Service and Valor.|
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross has provided emergency assistance to 177 adults and 47 children following 62 local disaster responses. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- On Saturday, our annual Red & White Ball: A Salute to Service and Valor was held again in person for the first time since 2019. At this year’s event, at the Riverside Yacht Club, we honored General Mark A. Milley, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Mrs. Hollyanne Milley; humanitarians Colleen and Philip Hempleman; and corporate leaders Carlson & Carlson, Inc. Thank you to all who supported this event!
- Over the weekend, our home fire safety volunteers canvassed neighborhoods in Spring Valley NY to raise awareness for our upcoming Sound the Alarm event on May 7.
- We could not have been prouder to see our friend and volunteer Magnolia Chiri featured by Newsday for National Volunteer Week last Friday.
- Thank you to Mira USA for training volunteers in preparation for our next Sound the Alarm event next month.
- Last week, we shared the story of longtime Red Cross volunteer Nancy Soto who, for National Volunteer Week, was recognized by the Brooklyn Borough President for her more than two decades of Red Cross service. The Brooklyn Eagle reported on this honor.
- On Thursday, the Long Island Herald ran an OpEd penned by our Long Island Chapter CEO Jose Dominguez about the contributions of Red Cross volunteers.
- Red Cross volunteers continued to raise awareness about Red Cross programs, including our CPR training, at the NY International Auto Show.
- Sylvia Beckerman's newest episode of her podcast Syliva and Me, featured our very own GNY Regional CEO Mary Barneby.
- GreenwichMoms.com also featured our Metro NY North CEO Stephanie Dunn Ashley in their “Meet a Mom” interview series.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- Apr 25, 30: Join us for Even War Has Rules a presentation about global issues and International Humanitarian Law.
- Learn how you can become a volunteer home fire campaign team member. These individuals install smoke alarms and educate residents about fire safety.
- To find a blood drive near you click here.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.