|Lallita Maharaj and companions leaving her home to travel to Eastern Europe with the|
American Red Cross to support US service members.
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross has provided emergency assistance to 135 adults and 60 children following 48 local disaster responses. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- On Sunday, Red Cross volunteers celebrated Juneteenth by marching in the Juneteenth Parade in White Plains.
- On Saturday, the Long Island Red Cross was on scene and provided financial aid to two families affected by a house fire in Glen Cove.
- On Friday, Red Cross volunteers taught Hands-Only CPR and AED training to over 75 participants from the Deloitte Group.
- Lallita Maharaj, a member of our Service to the Armed Forces team shares her courageous story traveling to Eastern Europe with the American Red Cross to support US service members.
- Last week, Safety Town opened its doors, educating kids on awareness and accident prevention.
- Courtney Chukwura, a Volunteer Services Representative, shares her personal story and rewarding experience with the AmeriCorps Program.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- At the 2022 Long Island Heroes Among Us Gala on September 22, an everyday hero (or group of heroes who acted together) from Long Island will be honored and recognized. There’s still time for you to nominate someone for consideration! Nominate a Hero today!
- Now more than ever, dedicated and passionate civic leaders are needed to serve the Red Cross. Apply by June 22 to begin a full-time AmeriCorps service year with us starting in September.
- June 14 is World Blood Donor Day! The American Red Cross joins blood collection organizations around the world to celebrate and encourages all eligible to donate.